STAR Hospitals (“we”, “us”, “STAR Hospitals”), is the author and publisher of the internet source
https://www.starhospitals.in/ (“Website”), is committed to respecting the privacy of every person who shares
their information or data with us (“you(r)” or “User(s)”). Your privacy protection is of utmost importance to us
and we strive to take due care and protection of the information we receive from you, the User. This privacy
policy aims at explaining to you how we collect, share, and protect the personal data of the Users in order to
applies to the collection, storage, processing, disclosure, and transfer of your Personal Information (defined
below) as per the below-mentioned laws, particularly when you use our Services.
In this regard, we adhere to the law applicable to us, inclusive of
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A.
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information)
Rules, 2011. (“SPI Rules”)
- The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011
using the services, or by otherwise giving us your information, you acknowledge that you understand this privacy
any of your information with us. If you use the services on behalf of someone else (such as your child or a
dependant) or an entity, you represent that you are authorized by, and hereby acknowledge that you accept this
- 1. ACCESS
- Basis communication standards/ protocols/ practices on the Internet, we collect your Personal Information
directly from you and/or from third parties and automatically through our Services. Such Personal
Information includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server a User used to
access the World Wide Web), your computer/ device operating system and type of web browser you are using,
email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP other Personal Information, as listed in Clause 5 below.
- The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s Personal Information may be available to us or our partners
but is not shared with other third parties. We also may use the geolocation feature and automatically
collect data such as the type of device used, operating system, and device identifier. This information,
however, is not shared and the User can opt out of such services by making changes to their settings at the
device level. You may access your Personal Information shared with us in the manner given below. You can
further choose to share additional Personal Information with us and can further modify your Personal
Information or our usage thereof by writing to us as per Clause 16 or per Clause 3 below.
- 2. CONSENT
- By choosing the opt-in option on the Services and thereafter by providing us with your Personal Information
or availing the services of STAR Hospitals or by making use of the facilities provided by the Website or by
registering on our App/ Website, it is agreed by you that you have, freely consented to the collection,
storage, processing, disclosure, and transfer of your Personal Information in accordance with the provisions
- You acknowledge that you have provided your Personal Information out of your free will and after
understanding how it will be used. You also consent that the collection, storage, processing, disclosure,
and transfer of any Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to you if it is done in
- 3. CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for our usage of the Personal Information at any point once the
withdrawal of the consent is intimated to us in writing through an email to _____________ requesting the
same. If you wish to rectify the Personal Information (or a part thereof) that we may have collected to
offer you personalized services and offers, as per Clause 12 of this Policy, you may write to the Grievance
Officer, as mentioned under Clause 16 of this Policy, citing the reason for such rectification of Personal
- Once you withdraw your consent to share the Personal Information collected by us, we shall have the option
not to fulfill the purposes for which the said Personal Information was sought and we may restrict you from
using our Services or the Website.
notice, including on account of changes in applicable law. We will, subject to law, however, endeavor not to
displaying such a change through notice and/or by sending an email of the new terms, based on our discretion or
through a notification on the app. We always indicate the date when the last changes were published and we will
offer access to archived versions for your review. If you object to the changes of our Policy and wish to no
longer use our Services you may contact us in accordance with the terms hereof to deactivate your account. If a
User uses our Services after a notice of changes has been sent or published, such a User hereby provides their
consent to the changed terms.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- In order to provide the best services so as to meet your needs, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us
with information that will enable us to personally identify you. You consent, agree, and acknowledge that
the kinds of information we may collect about you may include the following:
- Contact details (number/mobile number and email address),
- Physical, physiological, and mental health conditions, provided by you and/or your health care professional,
- Personal details, medical records, and history,
- Valid financial information at the time of purchase of product/service and/or online payment,
- Login ID and password,
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter,
- Records of interaction with our representatives,
- Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used, and the amount of
- Master and transaction data and other data stored in your user account,
- Any other information that may be willingly shared by you such as insurance data, reports, etc.
(collectively referred to as "Personal Information").
- Such information we collect may constitute Personal Information as per the SPI Rules and you give us your
express consent to such collection with this Policy. Our Services may be unavailable to you, or may not be
available as intended, in the event such consent is not given. Information that is however freely available
to the public domain under the Right to information act or other such act will not be regarded as Personal
Information or sensitive as per the SPI Rules.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The methods by which we collect your Personal Information include but are not limited to the following:
- When you fill out the patient registration form,
- When you provide details to a STAR Hospitals health care professional or STAR Hospitals representative,
- When you register on our Website or App with information as may be necessary
- When you provide your Personal Information to us during the course of receiving services,
- When you use the features of our Services,
- When you provide access to any other website,
- Information from a casual visitor who is just perusing the Website shall not be used or collected. However,
which they are required to leave the Website or App immediately. Any visitor who has voluntarily submitted
their information to the Website or App shall come within the definition of User as set out above. Casual
Website to clear temporary cookies and can ensure the same by clearing them on the website. STAR Hospitals
does not guarantee the behavior of the Services for such visitors of the Website/ users of the App.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide us including sensitive Personal Information as per
the SPI Rules, may be used by or processed by STAR Hospitals or its partners for various purposes including
but not limited to the following:
- To provide effective services by sharing Personal Information with third-party contractors working on behalf
of STAR Hospitals. Such third parties generally do not have the right to share information and the same is
- To operate and improve our Services;
- To perform studies, research, and analysis for improving our information, analysis, services, and
technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed is customized and relevant to your interests and
- To contact you via phone, SMS, WhatsApp, or email for appointments, technical issues, payment reminders,
deals and offers, and other announcements;
- To send promotional mailings from us or any of our channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, email, or other
media/ channels of communication;
- To advertise products and services of STAR Hospitals and third parties;
- To transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or undertake a
reorganization of our assets with any third party to whom we agree to sell our assets: such entities shall
have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us;
- To share with our business partners and third-party contractors the provision of specific services you have
obtained so as to enable them to provide effective services to you;
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- To build your profile on the Website/ App and publish any such information on the Website/App;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or
defend against legal claims; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our
enforcement agency, governmental official, legal authority or similar requirements or when STAR Hospitals,
in its discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others, to prevent
harm to persons or property, to fight fraud and credit risk;
- To aggregate Personal Information for research, statistical analysis, and business intelligence purposes,
and to sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical, or intelligence data in an aggregated or
non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. In particular, we and our partners or
affiliates reserve with us the right to use anonymized user demographics collected as per Clauses 5 and 6
for analyzing software usage patterns to improve the design and for research purposes and to use such
analysis in commercial product offerings with third parties (collectively, “Purposes”).
- You hereby consent to such use of such information by STAR Hospitals in providing any of the above-mentioned
services and usage.
- SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once you have freely consented to share your Personal Information with us, you authorize us to exchange,
transfer, share, or part with all or any of your Personal Information, across borders and from your country to
any other countries across the world with the cloud service provider and our affiliates/agents/third party
service providers/partners/banks and financial institutions or any other persons, for the Purposes and
objectives/ uses specified under this Policy or as may be required by applicable law.
- We may store temporary or permanent ‘cookies’ on your computer/ device for the technical administration of
our Services. You can erase or choose to block these cookies from your computer/ device or configure your
computer's/ device’s browser to alert you when we attempt to send you a cookie with an option to accept or
refuse the cookies. If you have turned cookies off, you may be prevented from using certain features of the
Website and/or App. STAR Hospitals may allow authorized third parties to place unique cookies on your
browser that do not store the Personal Information of the User.
- We do not exercise control over the sites that may be displayed as search results or links from within the
Website and App. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on the Users’ computer/
device, collect data or solicit personal information from the Users, for which STAR Hospitals is not
responsible. The inclusion or exclusion does not imply any endorsement by STAR Hospitals of the said
website, the website's provider, or the information on the website. If you decide to visit a third-party
website linked to the Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. STAR Hospitals encourages you to read
the privacy policies of all external sites.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us and is therefore maintained in electronic form
and may be converted from time to time. We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures to
protect the information you share with us, including technical, operational, managerial, and physical
security control measures.
- We also provide access to your Personal Information to our affiliates’ employees, agents, third-party
service providers, partners, and agencies on a role-based and need-to-know basis in relation to the Purposes
specified above in this Policy.
- No administrator at STAR Hospitals will have knowledge of your password as it is protected and encrypted to
ensure that the Personal Information collected by us is secure. Therefore, you shall be liable to indemnify
STAR Hospitals and its employees against any loss suffered by STAR Hospitals due to the unauthorized use of
your account and password.
- Our websites include social media features/ links, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc. that
may collect your IP address and may set cookie(s) to enable proper functioning. Your interactions with these
features are governed by their privacy statement and STAR Hospitals cannot be held liable for any breach
arising from the same.
- STAR Hospitals is not responsible for the confidentiality, security, or distribution of your Personal
Information beyond the scope of our agreement with third parties. STAR Hospitals shall not be responsible
for any breach of actions beyond its control, including government acts, computer crashes, breaches of
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMISSION
STAR Hospitals may require the User to pay using online payment mechanisms for chargeable services. STAR
Hospitals will only use the related information for the billing processes while the authentication process is to
be completed by the User themselves. User information in this regard is transacted upon secure sites that are
under encryption, ensuring the highest standard of care as per current technology. User is advised, however,
that internet technology is not fool-proof and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the
personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss,
alteration, use, or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the channels.
Do-not-track requests - There is no standard for how online service should respond to “Do not track” signals or
other mechanisms that may allow you to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and
online services. Therefore, we may not be able to guarantee the effectiveness of “Do not track” or similar
signals/ instructions owing to reasons beyond our control (as aforesaid). As standards develop, we will revisit
this issue and update this notice, as permitted.
- RECTIFICATION/CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are responsible to maintain the accuracy of the information you share with us. If you need to update or
correct your Personal Information, you may send updates and corrections to us at _____________, we will take all
reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes within a reasonable period. If you provide any information that is
untrue, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete), or
STAR Hospitals has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is out of date or
incomplete, untrue, inaccurate and/or is being provided or accessed for fraudulent/ unlawful/improper purposes
and/or without good faith, STAR Hospitals may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the services
to you and/or may further restrict your access to the Website and/or the App.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
accordance with the applicable laws of your country and STAR Hospitals takes no responsibility for losses that
may arise from such wrongful usage.
- TERM OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so as per Clause 3. STAR Hospitals shall retain and store your
Personal Information at least for the lesser of either a period of three years from the last date of use of the
Services or such period as may be required and permitted by law. After such a time, your data may be anonymized
and aggregated as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively solely for analytic purposes.
- CHILDREN AND MINORS PRIVACY
STAR Hospitals strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor
children and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to
help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their
name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Although the
STAR Hospitals Services are not intended for use by minors, STAR Hospitals respects the privacy of minors who
may inadvertently access our Services.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER
We have appointed a grievance officer to address any concerns or grievances that you may have regarding the
processing of your Personal Information or of any other nature. If you have any such grievances, please write to
our grievance officer at _________ and the officer will reasonably attempt to resolve your issues regarding such
usage in a timely manner. If you have further issues you may communicate such a grievance to –
The Grievance Officer,
Such comments or grievances that are sent to us using email or secure messaging and that pertain to the
provision of medical services by us will be shared with our employees and healthcare professionals who are most
able to address the comment or question. We will archive such messages once we have made efforts to provide you
with a complete and satisfactory response.
Our Refund Policy
Refund and Cancellation Policy for video Consultation payments
This policy is approved by the management of STAR Hospitals and is applicable to all units of STAR Hospitals
and its affiliates. This policy is subject to revisions based on the decisions of the management.
Amount once paid through the payment gateway shall not be refunded other than in the following circumstances:
Multiple times debiting of Customer’s Bank Account due to technical error OR Customer's account being debited
with excess amount in a single transaction due to technical error.
In case the customer has paid the full amount and due to the non-availability of the doctor the consultation
cannot be provided. The customer can opt for using the amount as a deposit for any future consultations at STAR
If the services have not been availed and the customer does not intend to keep it as a deposit with STAR
Hospitals. The customer can send an email to _______________ in the detailed format shared in Annexure 1 below.
The refund request will be processed manually after due verification. If the claim is found valid the eligible
amount will be refunded by STAR Hospitals through electronic mode within the next Seven (7) working days from
the date of receiving the email request in the format shared in Annexure 1 below.
It may take 3 to 21 working days for the payment to reflect in your bank account depending on your bank's
The company assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to effect any Payment
Instruction(s) on the Payment Date owing to any one or more of the following circumstances:
If the payment instructions(s) issued by you is/are incomplete, inaccurate, and invalid.
If the receiving bank refuses or delays in honoring the Payment instruction(s).
Circumstances beyond the control of the Company (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural disasters,
bank strikes, power failure, and systems failures like computer or telephone lines breakdown due to an
unforeseeable cause or interference from an outside force)
In case the payment is not effected for any reason, you will be intimated about the failed payment by e-mail.
User agrees that Company, in its sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without penalty, may suspend or
terminate his/her account (or any part thereof) or use of the services and remove and discard all or any part of
his/her account, user profile, or his/her recipient profile, at any time. Company may also in its sole
discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Services, or any part thereof, with or without
notice. User agrees that any termination of his/her access to the Service or any account he/she may have or
portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and also agree that the company will not be liable to the
user or any third party for any such termination. Any suspected, fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be
referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies the
company may have at law or in equity. Upon termination for any reason, the user agrees to stop using the
Company may elect to resolve any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or
Service provided in connection with this Agreement by binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of
the Indian Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996, Any such dispute, controversy or claim shall be arbitrated
on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any
Governing Law & Jurisdiction: Subject to the foregoing, it is hereby expressly agreed and declared that the
court of competent jurisdiction in Hyderabad alone shall have jurisdiction with respect to matters pertaining
In case of a refund, the Customer should email to ____________ with the following details. Do send the refund
details from the registered email ID or the ID used for raising the Video Consultation Request.
Patient Name: Mentioned while booking the Video Consult request
Ph No: Mentioned while booking the Video Consult request
Email ID: Mentioned while booking the Video Consult request
City: Mentioned while booking the Video Consult request
Unit (Hospital Location) To which the Request was raised
Payment Transaction ID: The date on which the request was raised
Transaction Date: The date on which the request was raised
Account Holder Name: