Dr. Gopichand Mannam
Consultant Cardio Thoracic Surgeon
- In 2016, the Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian honour , PADMA SHRI, for his contributions in medical science
- Graduated from Guntur Medical College in 1981 with a bachelor’s degree in medicine (MBBS)
- Fellowship studies in Royal College of Surgeouns (Edinburgh) in the year 1986, with a fellowship in general surgery
- Fellowship studies in Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow), specializing in Cardio Thoracic Surgery.
with global organizations like Mending Kids International, USA International Children’s Heart Foundation, USA etc.
- Founder of
Hrudaya, Cure a Little Heart Foundation that has been ascribed with the benevolence
of having extended cardiac procedures and cardio thoracic procedures to more than
cardiac surgery services to children in developing countries such as Ethiopia,
an Award of Appreciation in the year (2001-02) by the then Chief Minister Mr.Chandrababu
the “Best Doctor Of The Year” in 2005 by former director of NIMS.
with a Doctorate in Science for his excellence, from Dr.MGR Medical University, TamilNadu by Dr.K.Rosaiah governor of T.N
- Awarded TV5
“Business Leader Of The Year” in 2013 by Sri Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy, CM of AP.
- Expertise in the field of Cardio-Thoracic surgery, having performed over 25000 cardiac surgeries.
- The nascence of Beating Heart Coronary bypass surgery and Undersized Donor heart transplantation in India is accredited to him
- Pioneer of Minimally Invasive Atrial Septal Defect Closure and Mitral Valve Replacement in the country
Get the Star Hospital App
We'll send you the link , open it on your phone to download the app